Sunday, May 4, 2008

extreme

As I sit here watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, thoughts begin to race through my head. It's amazing the things they do on this tv show. They makeover not only a family's home but moreover their entire life. The only makeover houses for people who are in dire need of the makeover or those who have reached out far past the expectations of the community they reside in. This one particular episode is about a family that has adopted over ten children and is looking to adopt more. They have three of their own children also. Their house was built on contaminated soil and they had just found this out, it was soiled with lead which was very unhealthy to the family. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition came in and brought a company to sanitize the soil to make it free of lead and they also made numerous room just catered to the things that the children liked. TV shows like this make me happy that I volunteer and help my community.

No comments: