Friday, February 1, 2008

college = change ?

Many say that once you enter college, change becomes almost an immediate part of your life. To me, it definately has been imbedded in my every day life. I would have to say the biggest change when going to college especially in a different state, is trying to still keep friendships strong at home. Many of my friends chose to go to community college rather then go away like I did. I joined a sorority, became active in community service and even got a boyfriend. To my friends, it was a constant struggle to maintain our strong bond, because for me to get home on the weekends started to become a hassle.

The constant push pull between budgeting my time between my friends, sorority, and boyfriend has been getting to me lately. My friends from home made me who I am in college. I definately think going away to college is different then attending community college. Part of me wishes my friends could experience what I am experiencing as I am sitting in class writing this. I definately reccommend at least going away to college for a semester, if it isn't for you, then you can always transfer back home. I am not telling you that you will lose all your friends at home, but it is going to be extremely difficult, your going to lose some friends, but you will gain SO many friends while at college. Learn to budget your time, but don't constantly go home because you won't get the full college experience.

I'll leave you with a quote that sums up everything: "It happens as you grow up; you find out who you are, and what you want, and then you find out that people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. And so you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on. "

No comments: