Monday, February 18, 2008

a little late, i know.

I know this is a little late but I so had to post something on the topic of Valentine's Day. I do not know how we can even call it a holiday, honestly it is this made up day that Hallmark & American Greetings makes millions off. It's a day when singles are aware of their singleness, and those who have a significant other go absolutely INSANE trying to find that perfect Valentine's Day gift.

I myself had a significant other on this dreadful holiday and i told him way before how I hate this made up holiday & how I do not even bother celebrating it. If you honestly love someone, what difference does it make saying you love them on February the fourteenth versus saying it oh I don't know, on March the sixteenth. Nothing. If you love someone, you love them regardless what day of the year it is.

Though Valentine's Day is actually based upon the teachings of a real saint, I still do not think it gives it enough credibility to be on a calender and let alone be an actual holiday. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject, but I think my own opinion holds true for not just myself but many other people at that.

No comments: