Monday, February 11, 2008

To join - or not to join?


"To be or not to be".. a famous quote that many know.


Welcome to St. John's Staten Island, a sort of sub division of St. John's Queens. Picture this: your done with classes and can't wait to eat some of that yummy cafeteria food, you grab your food and look around at where to sit, and your stumped. You then get your food to go and go sit in your car and eat. Why?


I'll tell you why. St. John's Staten Island is a school very based on it's greek life and involvement in Greek Life. You walk into the cafeteria and there are long tables set up with a frat at one, a sorority at another and so on and so forth. Being part of a sorority I kind of know first hand what it's like being in that cafeteria and not having a place to sit or someone to talk to. Joining a sorority definately was one of my best choices I made here.


As a greek, we are involved in so much more than "the party scene", my sorority for instance just raised and donated a large amount of money for my friend whose house just burnt down. It's not about the greek letters, or the frat boys, its about time, committment and love. The bond between me and my sisters is something that I really can't explain in words. They are my best friends, the ones I always turn to.


Also on your resume being Greek looks super good ;)


So, if I can leave you with any information, take a look at the greek organizations on this campus, and maybe think about joining one next semester or even just attending an information night.


No comments: